This is the first set of rebus brain puzzles. For a more detailed explanation how to solve the puzzles You can look over our introduction page: Introduction for Rebus Picture Puzzles/
As a reminder: These are the steps to solve a Rebus Picture Puzzles:
- Try to identify the images and symbols.
- Modify the word of each image according to the given operation: Skip, pick or change letters and remember the resulting word part.
- Combine the word parts from every picture in the given order to reveal the hidden word.
Rebus puzzles are a good training for multiple brain skills:
- Remember and recall words by finding the correct word for the depicted symbol
- Memory operations when you store word parts until the whole solution word can be assembled
- and more …
Let’s start give it a try with the first easy exercises.
Rebus Puzzle 1:
Find the hidden word!
Image Puzzle 1
Solution for Puzzle 1
- BANANA: BA
- DUCK: CK
- CUP: UP
Combine the word parts to the solution: BACKUP
Find the secret word that is hidden in this rebus image.
Solution for Puzzle 2
- DESK: DISC
- SPIEDER: SI
- BONE: ON
The word parts can be combined to: DISCSION
Reveal the word that is depicted in this brain puzzle:
Solution for Puzzle 3
- BIRD: FIRE
- PLANE: PLA
- ICE: CE
The parts reveal the hidden secret word: FIREPLACE
Solution for Puzzle 4
- FEATHER: FR
- BONE: ON
- STAR: TA
- GRAPES: GE
Combines to the word: FRONTAGE